// Panama Tour Operator & Guide
Owner and Tour Guide
Barefoot Panama is owned and operated by Kevin O’Brien, a transplant from Boston, Massachusetts who first fell in love with adventure and professional guiding over 20 years ago. From Alaska to Argentina, Kevin has explored nearly every nook and cranny of the Western Hemisphere, always armed with his passion for travel and a group of excited adventurers by his side.
Now a full-time resident of Panama City, Kevin and his team have been showing people the time of their lives in this extraordinary country since 2002.
Maintaining Panama’s natural and cultural beauty is one of the key tenets of our business. We are socially and evironmentally conscious, minimizing environmental impact, and contributing to local communities.
- We take advantage of Panama’s perfectly drinkable tap water to avoid distributing plastic-bottled water to our thousands of clients every month.
- We use primarily Panamanian-owned hotels, restaurants and local tour operators so we help contribute to the economy.
- We visit local communities, support local handcrafts, and encourage others to learn their culture as a way of showing our respect for the indigenous and contributing to their way of life.
- We practice low- and no-impact tourism to protect the environment.
- We use a CO² Neutral Airline for our domestic flights.
Barefoot Panama is a member of the following organizations:.
The Barefoot Panama Team
Running things ‘behind the scenes’, Nadine keeps things running smoothly and on the right path by spearheading the admin operations, taking on weekend office duties, making sure Kevin wheres shoes sometimes and raising the next generation of BPF guides!
Corporate Tours Manager
A passion for travel brought him to the Americas and he has made Panama his home for the past 6+ years. This all-star cricketer from Southern Africa is an integral part of the BFP machine not only as a top ranked guide, but also opening doors to the Corporate world!
Whether running a tour or performing on stage, Gonzo ”rocks”!
Originally from the Colon province of Panama, where he gained experience in tourism running a hotel famous amongst birders, he has taken his skills to new levels with BFP!
The newest member to the BFT team, Humberto runs the office 5 days/week. Already, he has greatly improved the relation between BFP and suppliers, streamlined the ‘day to day’ responsibilities, and is extremely welcoming to walk in traffic!
Additional Team Memebers
We would like to give honorable mention to an extended list of Barefoot Panama personnel, all of whom contribute to our success and the maintenance of high standards in customer care.
- Juan and Jorge have become almost full-time and are giving us solid support..
- We are grateful for the expert talent running additional specialty tours, such as Saul and Alon.
Group & Peak Season Additions
- We have excellent additional personnel that come to help with groups and during peak season, such as Rafa and Sergio
See the CNN Documentary
CNN Español, in conjunction with the ATP (Autoridad de Turismo Panamá) made a documentary on our gastronomic tour in and around Casco Viejo in Panama City. You can see the CNN page and the documentary video, made in 2017, by clicking the link (and yes … it is in Spanish).
Barefoot Food Tour on CNN